Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Friday, December 30, 2011

It's All About the Red

When I finished cutting the stencil for the grey, yesterday after lunch, my mind turned red.  Literally, all I could think about was the large red stencil that was next on my drawing board.  It took me six hours of cutting to prepare it for the screen, and I was so totally psyched for printing it that I totally forgot about photographing the grey stencil and posting it.  The grey stencil went on perfectly, no fuss, no muss.  The red stencil also adhered and printed with no problems whatsoever.

So, here we have the first four colors,
blue, pink, grey and red printed and looking good.
The red is a mix of scarlet with a touch of carmine to deepen the tone. 
I decided to double print the red which also doubled my time but quadrupled my satisfaction when the results were terrific.  Now I have some relatively easy stencils to print to finish the  house before the printing turns labor intensive again.  I'll start cutting the next stencils first thing Saturday morning and will post as I print.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment