Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Leave it to me



This is a photo of my completed lacquer stencil before I adhere it to the screen to print.  I'm real pleased with how nice it came out after only about seven hours of cutting.  I feel good about the time invested because I know I'm going to print this stencil twice!







Here's the print after the first appication. It's a light yellow tan printed as the undercoat.  You'll notice that even though the ink is mostly white, it's still not completely opaque.  But as a base coat it's perfect.

Notice how nice the green overprint looks over the tan. It's totally opaque with no show through. 

Now, over the next few days, I'll begin to add some color to the leaves, overprinting this nice solid base.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment