Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Full Day & A Very Nice Finish!

I spent all day yesterday, Sunday, cutting stencils with the plan that today would be a day of solid printing.

The first two colors that I printed this morning were dark purple and dark green and they printed beautifully without a hitch.

Had leftover lasagna for lunch, which is the perfect lunch whenever you are printing.  Then prepped the screen for my biggest pull of the day.









This is the black stencil printed by itself so you can see the six hours worth of cutting that I did on Sunday.
















This is the print after the application of the black stencil.  Almost looks finished, but I decided to print an additional stencil on top of the black in a very deep green.  This stencil was also pretty complex, but not nearly six hours.  As a matter of fact, after printing the black, I began cutting the dark green and was able to adhere and print it this evening at nine.















So after twelve hours of printing today I have a finished edition that has me feeling very pleased.

Once I get rolling on a print it's very difficult to put down the squeege and delay progress for another day.  I guarantee you that I will sleep well tonight.

After an overnight drying, I should be able to inspect and sign this edition tomorrow.  Only problem is that I don't have a title as yet.  Maybe I'll dream one up tonight while I'm asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment