Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stencil Ready to Print


Spent most of today cutting this green stencil for
printing tomorrow.  It will be the third of five green
stencils I'll ultimately print.  Not only does it print
a lot of greenery but it also underprints the other two
green stencils I've yet to cut.  At this point it's getting
tricky because I have to be very careful to also
include underprinting for colors to come.  The stencil
material is called "Sta-Sharp Green".  It's a lacquer based
emulsion or membrane supported by clear mylar.  I cut
through the membrane and remove the areas that will
allow the ink to come through when I print.
The green area you see is the membrane or stencil and
the clear areas are the holes I have cut.
I'm anxious to cut and print the dark purple and dark
red stencils because they'll add so much to the design.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment