Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Eighteen Colors and Counting...


Printed six colors today on a day that started out cold and clammy.
After my first two colors, decided to print a reduction stencil.
This is the stencil in the lower right side of the image.
The first printing is white ink.  I then "reduce" the stencil by 
brushing on lacquer based blockout to fill the area of the stencil
I would like to remain white.  Then, without changing register
(alignment), I reprint the same stencil using pink ink.  Now I 
have the pink printed in perfect alignment over the white and
I've only cut one stencil.  A little later I'll print another reduction
stencil and print 4 colors (quite a feat) and everything should
align perfectly.  Got so psyched with how nice this came out that
I cut two fairly complex stencils (purple and dark green) and
printed both of them too!  Course, I'm posting this at almost 10 PM,
so it was a very full day of work.  
I won't print tomorrow ( my skills as a babysitter are in high demand),
but I'll try to print a couple colors on Sunday.   Stay tuned.
By Monday or Tuesday this is really going to get exciting.
Wait until I start printing the rest of the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment