Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Perfect Day For Printing

     Had a feeling that this was going to be a great day for printing.  Got up early and went out to get the newspaper.  The sun was coming up bright and the air was crisp so I made a small fire in my wood stove in the studio.  Within a few minutes, the warmth from the stove had chased out all the dampness in the studio and I started printing my first stencil of the day.  The first small stencil set the pace for the rest of the day as I ended up printing six stencils.  The ink flowed smoothly, the stencils all printed perfectly and dried quickly.  I even got three more stencils cut for tomorrow.
     Days like today make me love what I do.
It's 7:30, I'm going to head downstairs and make dinner and relax while I watch the womens' ACC
Basketball tourney.  Tonight it's U of Maryland and Virginia in the semi-finals.  Should be a great game.
     If you were wondering, this scene is from 1965.
The locale is Washington, DC and I'll tell you more later.   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment