Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Beginning

This past Fall I had the opportunity to photograph the gardens of Maymont Mansion in Richmond, Virginia.
The difficulty for me was in selecting one image to portray from many stunning views of the house and gardens.  I decided to use the Italian Garden as my subject even though the piece will be extremely challenging and very colorful.  Cut the first five stencils yesterday and printed them today.  I plan to print this a little differently than I normally do;  eschewing my usual " light to dark" approach for something a little more experimental.  As I print,
I'll explain what I'm trying to accomplish so be sure and visit often to check on my progress.

Because my photo was taken in the very early morning there's going to be a lot of contrast and a lot of dark shadows and stunning light.  I'm getting excited just thinking about it.  I'd better go cut some more stencils.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment