Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Beginning to Leaf

What a miserable day to print!  Rainy, foggy, damp and cold.  I cranked up the woodstove and drove the moisture out of the studio with some good old fashioned heat.
Cut the stencil for all the leaves and printed it in white.
Then, leaving the stencil in registration (alignment) I washed out the white ink and reprinted the same stencil with yellow. (The white served as an undercoating.)
Then I blocked out a portion of the yellow and printed the rest green.  Tomorrow I'll print yellow ochre and orange leaves as well as a darker green.  The color balance is coming together and the composition is singing.
After I've printed all the leaves, I'll cut the delicate railing stencil and print that in black to finish the piece.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment