Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend "Print-a-thon" A Success

Working up to my elbows in ink all weekend has yielded a terrific image with exceptional registration.  There are several unique features to this print that make it unusual.
First, there are two totally separate black stencils.  The one shown here is the base stencil over which I'll print the tree and fall foliage which will bring fantastic color to this piece.
The second black stencil is the railings and fencing that was too delicate to cut around and will be my final stencil.
Secondly, I'm going to undercoat all the multicolored leaves with white ink.  I rarely print white, but this will give the leaves a three dimensional look that I think will give real depth to the composition. I have two more big days of printing to finish this image, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment