Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Mural Installed in Fairfax Circle, Virginia

     Here's an exciting project that I have been working on for several months this past fall.
It began when I was approached by Peterson Company of Fairfax, Virginia to create murals for one of the properties they manage in the Fairfax Circle retail center.
     The three murals on "Monument Wall Way",
(appropriately named, I thought), illustrate a cyclist, lacrosse players and a young woman in
an equestrian jumping competition.
     I used real models, did extensive photography, and manipulated the final images in Photoshop.  My final artwork was printed on high tech panels that replicate ceramic tile without the high cost of a ceramic tile installation.  A lot of this process was experimental, (at least for me), and I credit Peterson Company for their support and patience. The final project took longer from start to finish than planned; with some trial and error involved, but the final product speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment