Craig

Craig
A Glimpse Into the Daily Workings of an Artist's Studio.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Every Child is an Artist

Pablo Picasso was certainly right when he said that every child is an artist.  I may be partial, but my grand daughter, Ashlyn, at five years old, has an awful lot of talent. (As shown by this wonderful tennis player that she drew and bound into a book of drawings that she made for me.)  I was winning art contests with my drawings when I was five, but then, most of the drawings I see by five year olds possess a lot of terrific joy for life, great color and imaginative composition.  Unfortunately, very few of us are able to maintain the youthful enthusiasm in our work that we exhibited as children.
I put this on my blog because it makes me smile.
Art has a way of generating emotion and I have always chosen to opt for the smile when given an opportunity.  If your work can make people smile or cry, why not make them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment